In the Azores you can see marine life like sea birds, turtles and different species of fish.
The archipelago is the perfect place for wildlife tourism.
Ponta Delgada, South Coast of São Miguel Island
Approximately 3 hours
From 55€ (+12 years old)
27.5€ Children (6-12 years old)
Free for 0-5 years old
9:00am & 1:30pm
Check In Times
8:30am & 1:00pm
Level of Difficulty
Zodiac or Catamaran
Recommended to all ages.
For children and senior people, we strongly advise the catamaran.
- Pre-tour briefing
- Raincoat and pants if necessary
- Life jacket on the zodiac boats
- A marine biologist or nature guide aboard
- Refreshment after the trip (local tea)
- All bookings for whale watching trips will automatically be directed to our catamarans. If you want to do a whale watching tour on one of our zodiac boats, please inform it while booking.
- The duration of this tour can change according to the weather, species location and/or other factors.
- This tour should not be booked if you have compromises right after it (a flight, another tour…)
- High season (April 1st – October 31st): 55€ per adult, 27.5€ per child (6-12 years old), Free for the youngest (0-5 years old)
- Low season (November 1st – March 31st): 50€ per adult, 25€ per child (6-12 years old), Free for the youngest (0-5 years old)
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sunscreen, towel, and hat
- Backpack, water, and snacks (bring your own reusable water bottle)
Q: How do I get to São Miguel?
A: There are flight connections from Lisbon, Porto and other main capitals.
Q: I have back problems but I would like to go on a whale watching. Can I do this tour?
A: Futurismo Azores Whale Watching in São Miguel Island has catamarans and zodiac boats. Catamarans are more spacious and comfortable boats. They are equipped with toilets on board. We recommend that you have some medical advice before this experience.
Q: I am pregnant and would like to do whale watching. Is it safe?
A: In this case, we advise to book on our the catamarans, which are more comfortable and stable boats.
Q: What if I am seasick?
A: We strongly advise avoiding eating anything overly spicy, acidic, fatty or dairy before the tour. Don’t overeat but come well fed. Once on the boat, look at the horizon and get some fresh air. If you feel bad, the staff on the boat will be here to help you.
Species You Might See
“EXCELLENT WHALE WATCHING TRIP”
“Our experience during the whale watching was excellent and all of the staff on the boat were highly knowledgeable and helpful.”
Evehopley – Tripadvisor
“HALF DAY WHALE WATCHING ”
Perfect trip led by very knowledgeable staff Fast catamaran able to reach multiple groups of whales and dolphins.
Alexandria – TripAdvisor