SETE CIDADES LAKE
A swim in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with some of the most intelligent species and in the afternoon visiting a sleeping volcano!Enjoy the best of São Miguel Island with a jeep tour!
Ponta Delgada - Sete Cidades – Ponta da Ferraria - Ponta Delgada
95€ Adult, 52,5€ Children (8-12 years old)
Check In Times
Level of Difficulty
Zodiac or Catamaran + Jeep Defender, Discovery or Toyota
8 years old to swim with dolphins
- Pre-tour briefing
- Mask & snorkel
- Wetsuit (short or long)
- Raincoat and pants if necessary
- Life jacket
- Marine biologist or nature guide aboard
- Refreshment after the boat trip
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Nature guide for the jeep tour
- Visit to Ferraria with bathing possibility
- Drop off at the tourism office or your hotel
- This tour is not recommended for people with lower back problems neither for pregnant women. Please let us know if you have any of these conditions.
- People who want to do this activity should be confident swimming in open water in the middle of the ocean.
- Comfortable light clothes
- Walking boots or shoes
- Swimming suit and towel
- Flip flops
- Your own reusable water bottle and snacks. We don’t sell anything on board
Q: Can I touch the dolphins?
A: No. Our responsible swim with dolphin guidelines forbid touching them.
Q: Can I hear the dolphins?
A: Yes. It is very common to hear their whistles underwater.
Q: How many dolphins can I see?
A: Sometimes less than a dozen, other times up to 50 or more.
Q: Can I swim with the whales?
A: No, swimming with whales is forbidden in the Azores. However, there are several species of dolphins that you are able to swim with.
Q: When the sea tide is not low, is it still possible to bathe in the natural swimming pool in Ferraria?
A: If the sea conditions allow it, you can still bathe in the natural swimming pool.
Q: What is the sea water temperature?
A: In summer water temperature reaches 24ºC and in winter it is never lower than 16ºC. When the tide is low the water temperature in Ferraria varies between 30ºC and 50ºC, depending on how close you are to the volcanic fissure.
Q: What else can I do in the lakes of Sete Cidades?
A: It is possible to rent a kayak or stand up paddle at our activity center. If you are interested please contact us.
Species You Might See
“VERY PROFESSIONAL COMPANY AND A GOOD TRIP OFFERED!”
“They run their trips very well. A qualified marine biologist is your guide and briefs you prior to the trip.”
ColchesterSleeper – TripAdvisor