SETE CIDADES LAKE
A swim in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with some of the most intelligent species and in the afternoon visiting a sleeping volcano!Enjoy the best of São Miguel Island with a jeep tour!
Ponta Delgada - Sete Cidades - Ponta Delgada
115€ Adult, 65€ Children (8-12 years old)
Check In Times
Level of Difficulty
Zodiac + Jeep Defender, Discovery or Toyota
8 years old to swim with dolphins
- Pre-tour briefing
- Mask & snorkel
- Wetsuit (short or long)
- Raincoat and pants if necessary
- Life jacket
- Marine biologist or nature guide aboard
- Refreshment after the boat trip
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Nature guide for the jeep tour
- Drop off at the tourism office or your hotel
- This tour is not recommended for people with lower back problems neither for pregnant women. Please let us know if you have any of these conditions.
- People who want to do this activity should be confident swimming in open water in the middle of the ocean.
- Comfortable light clothes
- Walking boots or shoes
- Swimming suit and towel
- Flip flops
- Your own reusable water bottle and snacks. We don’t sell anything on board
Q: Can I touch the dolphins?
A: No. Our responsible swim with dolphin guidelines forbid touching them.
Q: Can I hear the dolphins?
A: Yes. It is very common to hear their whistles underwater.
Q: How many dolphins can I see?
A: Sometimes less than a dozen, other times up to 50 or more.
Q: Can I swim with the whales?
A: No, swimming with whales is forbidden in the Azores. However, there are several species of dolphins that you are able to swim with.
Q: What else can I do in the lakes of Sete Cidades?
A: It is possible to rent a kayak or stand up paddle at our activity center. If you are interested please contact us.
Species You Might See
“VERY PROFESSIONAL COMPANY AND A GOOD TRIP OFFERED!”
“They run their trips very well. A qualified marine biologist is your guide and briefs you prior to the trip.”
ColchesterSleeper – TripAdvisor