Considered to be the most beautiful region in São Miguel and the most flower-rich region of all Europe.You will discover incredible locations as well as breathtaking views!
São Miguel Island (see itinerary below)
Full week (8 days)
The multi-day tours are subject to availability of the presented activities.
Check In Times
Dependent on your arrival
Year round (minimum 2 participants)
Level of Difficulty
Zodiac or Catamarans + Jeeps (Land Rover & Toyota) & Vans (Ford Transit)
8 years old
DAY 1 – Arrival to Ponta Delgada and transfer to your Hotel. Free day.
DAY 2 – Hiking tour to Sete Cidades Volcanic Complex with pick up. (Full-day tour).
We will explore the West side of São Miguel Island hiking about 11km in one of the most astonishing lakes on the Island.
- Walking around the volcanic crater with the view over the several lakes and over the sea.
- Picnic lunch.
- Passing by the south coast with a stop in Ponta da Ferraria with bathing possibility in naturally warm water heated by the volcanic activity in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Drop off at your Hotel.
DAY 3 – Free morning. (we suggest a city tour in Ponta Delgada)
Jeep tour to Fogo Lake in the afternoon (half-day)
- Visit to Fogo Lake, a nature reserve with an incredible blue lake of crystal clear water down a volcanic crater.
- Visit to Caldeira Velha where you will be able to bathe in hot thermal waters and a natural waterfall. Here you will feel the amazingness of Nature.
DAY 4 – Full-day tour to Furnas, with a pickup at your Hotel.
- Visit to the calderas in Furnas
- Exploring the beautiful Terra Nostra Botanical Garden with bathing possibility in warm thermal waters (35º-40ºC / 95º-105ºF)
- Lunch with the famous Cozido meal.
- Visit to the village of Furnas to see the fumaroles and to try several natural sparkling waters with different tastes and properties.
- Return to Ponta Delgada by the North Coast of São Miguel Island where you will stop in different viewpoints.
- Visit to Gorreana Tea Factory.
- Drop off at your Hotel
DAY 5 – Whale and dolphin watching from Ponta Delgada (half-day tour)
- Our marine biologists will give a briefing before going to the ocean for about 3 hours looking for cetaceans.
- Meet some of the 28 cetacean species present in the Azores.
DAY 6 – Hiking tour to Faial da Terra with pick up (full-day tour)
Faial da Terra is a small village located in the South East of São Miguel island. This trail is not recommended for people with knee or ankle problems.
- Visit to Sanguinho, an abandoned village
- Hike for about 6 km and discover the beautiful waterfall of Salto do Prego. Bathing possibility in the waterfall’s cold waters.
- Light meal
- Drop off at your hotel
DAY 7 – Van or Jeep tour to Nordeste with pick up (full-day tour)
Nordeste is considered to be the most beautiful part of the island by many locals. Discover this wonderful region with us.
- Visit to Salto do Cavalo’s viewpoint.
- Visit to the town of Nordeste
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Return to Ponta Delgada passing by viewpoints.
- Drop off at your hotel
DAY 8 – Transfer from the hotel to the airport and departure.
- Transfer airport to hotel and hotel to airport
- Transportation for the activities outside of Ponta Delgada
- English or Portuguese speaking guides. If you prefer another language, please inform us about it;
- Briefing before the experiences;
- Marine biologist on board during the ocean tours;
- Lunch included on day 2, 4, 6 & 7
- Full-day hiking tour to Sete Cidades
- Half-day jeep tour to Fogo Lake
- Full-day tour to Furnas
- Half-day whale watching trip
- Full-day hiking tour to Faial da Terra
- Full-day van or jeep tour to Nordeste
- Rain jackets and waterproof pants if necessary on the whale watching tour
- Life vest mandatory on zodiac boats.
Note: if you wish, Futurismo can also arrange accommodation.
- Light meal on days 2 & 6
- Cozido lunch on day 4 – starter, Cozido, dessert and drinks included. Cozido contains beef, chicken, pork, spicy sausage, blood sausage, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrot, cabbage, green kale and yam. All cooked during 6 hours with natural steam only.
- Lunch in a local restaurant on day 7 – starter, fish or beef, dessert and drinks included.
*Vegetarian options on request. If you have a special diet or food restrictions, please inform us at least 24h before the tour.
- Comfortable light clothes
- Walking boots or shoes
- Swimming suit and towel
- Backpack and bottle of water to refill
Q: How do I get to the Azores?
A: There are direct flights from Lisbon and Porto. Europe, USA and Canada.
Q: Which level should I expect from the activities planned during the package?
A: They are relatively easy level, however the hiking tour to Faial da Terra is considered medium level because of the steep narrow path.
Q: From what age children can join this package?
A: This package is available for children from 8 years old because of the hiking tours that are complicated for younger children.
Q: In which language is this tour?
A: Mainly Portuguese and English. If you do prefer another language, please contact our travel experts
Species You Might See
“A WHALE OF A TIME!”
“We chose this company based on TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. The boat was impressive and sparkling clean, the crew and staff were knowledgeable and personable, and the whales were cooperative.”
Trumbull – Tripadvisor
“AMAZING BOAT RIDE”
“This is something everyone who loves animals should do. To see these beautiful creatures in their right element is magic! We did see both wales and happy dolphins along our tour that made my day!.”
Rickard Bengtsson – Tripadvisor