BATH IN HOT SPRINGS
Caldeira Velha is a magical place with a green forest where you can hear the water running and the birds singing. It’s absolutely a must see.
This blue lake is about 2 km long and 1 km wide. Fills the ground of an extinct crater formed during a volcanic eruption.
The archipelago is a hotspot for cetacean observation. Meet the animals in their natural environment!
Ponta Delgada – Lagoa do Fogo – Caldeira Velha - Ponta Delgada
85€ Adult, 42,5€ Children (5-12)
Check In Times
Level of Difficulty
Zodiac, Catamaran + Jeep Defender, Discovery or Toyota
All ages. Catamaran recommended for children and seniors.
- Bring comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sun-blocker, towel and hat
- Backpack and water (bring your own reusable water bottle)
- Pre-tour briefing
- Raincoat and pants
- Life jacket
- Marine biologist or nature guide aboard
- Refreshment after the boat trip
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Nature guide
- Visit to Caldeira Velha
- Drop off at the tourism office or your hotel
Q: Can we dip in the waterfall?
A: Yes. The water is warm year-round.
Q: What is the depth of water beneath the waterfall?
A: Not more than 80 cm.
Species You Might See
“VERY USEFUL INFORMATION”
Information on your page is very useful for marine biologists. Thank you. Best regards.
Anastasia Kovalenko – Facebook
“Great guides, 5 stars.”
Ann L – TripAdvisor