LAJES DO PICO
A DREAM COME TRUE
One of the most fascinating experiences in Pico Island. Follow the pod and have a lifetime experience.
IN PICO ISLAND
Swimming with wild dolphins in Atlantic Ocean could have beautiful surprises like mantas, turtles and other fishes.
SWIMMING WITH DOLPHINS
Dolphins are extremely intelligent animals. Learn everything you need to know with our marine biologists in Pico Island!
Lajes do Pico, Pico Island
Approximately 2.5 Hours
70€ Adults, 35€ Children (8-12)
Check In Times
Level of Difficulty
8 years old
- Bring a bathing suit, towel, hat, sunblock and water (bring your own reusable bottle)
- Only groups of 2 people at a time go to the water.
- We recommend this tour for people who know how to swim.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Pre-tour briefing
- Snorkel mask
- Wet suit (short and long)
- Raincoat and pants
- Life jacket
- Marine biologist or nature guide aboard
- Refreshment after the trip
Q: Can I touch the dolphins?
R: No. Our responsible swim with dolphin guidelines forbid touching these inquisitive but wild animals.
Q: Can I hear the dolphins?
R: Yes. It is very common to hear their whistles underwater.
Q: How many dolphins can I see?
R: Sometimes less than a dozen, other times up to 50 or more.
Q: Can I swim with the whales?
R: No, swimming with whales is forbidden in the Azores. However, there are several species of dolphins that you are able to swim with.
Species You Might See
“LOVELY EXPERIENCE IN PICO ISLAND”
“The team is absolutely professional and respectful of the ocean. Thank you guys to share with us your ocean knowledges! Thanks.”
Simona Peroni – Facebook