All guests will see whales and dolphins, snorkel and swim inside of a volcano crater.
Join this adventure on wheels and reach the most breathtaking landscapes.
CYCLING IN NATURE
We are specialized in guided bike tours. Go through secondary roads and take a deep breath in the forest.
São Miguel Island
A full week (8 days)
Check In Times
Year round (minimum 2 people)
Level of Difficulty
Not recommended for children under 8 years old.
Zodiacs, Catamarans + Jeeps, Land Rover & Toyota + Vans - Ford Transit
All ages. Catamaran recommended for children and seniors.
DAY 1 – Arrival to São Miguel Island and drop of to the Hotel. Free afternoon.
DAY 2 – Full day tour to Furnas, with a pickup in your Hotel.
- Visit the calderas in Furnas
- Visit the village of Furnas to see the fumaroles and to try several natural sparkling waters with different tastes and properties.
- Lunch the famous cozido meal.
- Exploring the beautiful Terra Nostra Botanical Garden
- Taking a relaxing bath in the rich thermal waters where the temperatures are around 35º/40º C.
- Returning to Ponta Delgada by the North Coast of São Miguel Island where you will stop in different viewpoints.
- Visit Gorreana Tea Factory.
- Drop off at your Hotel.
DAY 3 – Seeing whales and dolphins and visit Vila Franca do Campo Islet (Full day tour)
- Whale and dolphin watching, birds and other marine species during the morning time.
- Stop in Vila Franca do Campo harbor, the old Capital from São Miguel Island and lunch on a local restaurant.
- Board into one traditional fishing boat that will take you to the Islet (15 min trip).
- Arrival to Vila Franca do Campo Islet, classified as a natural reservation. Here you will be able to snorkel in the salty water of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Returning to Ponta Delgada by boat or by bus.
Note: This activity is only operated from June to September. We do have alternative experiences that we can recommend.
DAY 4 – Pick up at your Hotel. Starting your adventure to Sete Cidades Volcanic Complex. Picnic lunch, and drop off at Hotel included. (Full day tour).
We will explore the West side of São Miguel Island by bike and kayak on one of the most astonishing lakes on the Island.
- Walking around the volcanic crater with the view over the several lakes and on the other side of the sea.
- Arrival to Sete Cidades village. We will start biking around and kayaking on the lakes.
- Picnic lunch on the lakeside.
- Continuing the tour through the south coast with a stop in Ponta da Ferraria. You will be able to take a swim in a unique place. If the tide is low you will feel the ocean water warmer and warmer. This is only possible due to the underwater gases from that specific location.
- Drop of at your Hotel.
DAY 5 – Swimming with dolphins in Ponta Delgada (half day). Free afternoon.
- Imagine yourself in the middle of the Atlantic blue, observing and listening to wild dolphins in their natural environment. It’s quite an experience! Before the tour, our marine biologists will explain some safety procedures and rules. This experience is operated with only 8 people for a more comfortable and pleasant tour.
DAY 6 – Jeep safari to Fogo Lake (full day)
- Visit to Gruta do Carvão, the largest old lava caves in São Miguel Island, located in Ponta Delgada.
- Lunch on a local restaurant in Lagoa city.
- Visit Fogo Lake, a natural reservation with an incredible blue lake with crystal clear water down the crater.
- Visit Caldeira Velha where you will be able to bathe in hot thermal waters and a natural waterfall. Here you will feel the amazingness of Nature.
- Santa Barbara beach will be the last stop, the beautiful black sand beach where it’s possible to take a swim in the ocean.
DAY 7 – Free day to discover São Miguel Island.
DAY 8 – Transfer from the hotel to the airport and departure.
- Transfers airport, hotel, airport;
- Transfers to the activities;
- English speaking guide;
- Lunch on the full day activities.
Bring comfortable light clothes, sweater, raincoat, walking boots or shoes, swimming suit and towel hat, sunblock, backpack and bottle of water to refill.
- Picnic lunch on days 2 and 6 – baguette sandwich or salad, cupcake or energy bar, fruit, water and juice.
- Cozido lunch on day 4 – starter, Cozido, dessert and drinks included. Cozido contains: beef, chicken, pork, spicy sausage, blood sausage, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrot, cabbage, green kale. All cooked during 6 hours with natural steam only.
- Lunch in local restaurant on day 7 – starter, fish or beef, dessert and drinks included.
- Vegetarian options on request (24h before the trip)
Q: How do I get to the Azores?
R: There are direct flights from Lisbon and Porto. Europe, EUA and Canadá.
Q: Which level should I expect from the activities planned during the package?
R: They are easy level.
Q: This package of active holidays is exclusively for kids older than 8 years old?
R: This is one ideal package for children older than 8 years old and younger as well for the most of the experiences. In the specific case of kids under 8 years old we strongly recommend the catamaran for the whale watching tour and on all the jeep tours we do provide children seats.
Q: In which language is this tour?
R: Mainly Portuguese and English. If you do prefer other language, please contact our travel experts.
Species You Might See
“THEY REALLY WERE FANTASTIC!”
“We booked a package through a third-party that included three half-day trips out to sea to swim with dolphins. We received quite a bit of information beforehand and had been doing our own research.”
Damon Lacey – Facebook
“Great experience! The staff is very kind. We saw humpback whale and many dolphins. Thank you guys! Regards from Hungary.”
Farago Zoltan – Facebook